Sun, 29 December 2013
Robert Maxwell Stern's affectionate look at some of the ladies who would fall under the category of "demented." Please be advised that one might not be able to digest the contents of this podcast in one session, unless you enjoy torture and have a few tranquilizers and/or strong beverages on hand: (72 minutes of joy.)
1. Rosalina Mello (1920) "Fado Celestial" (Portuguese folk song.)
2. Alice Gerstl Duschak (83 yrs.young): "Reigen" (Weber). (She taught Jessye Norman)
3. Betty Jo Schramm "Va,va,tra le selve" from Artaserce by Graun.
4.Tryphosa Bates-Batcheller (1945,age 69.) "Canzonetta' from Margita by Meyer-Helmud.
5.Matalia De Andrade Manon Act 2 aria Portuguese artist (HERE, you need that drink!)
6. Bacchanale from Samson et Delilah, played by the Homophone Orch (I think the average age was about 7.)
7. Olive Middleton "Miserere" (age only 75, with interpolated high C). The DARLING cult figure of New York's La Puma opera. (I saw her..I think she had teeth,although not sure whose it was.)
8.Norma-Jean Erdman-Chadbourne and her talented husband in the Aida Tomb Scene (In English).
Sadly, they could not find a real tomb for the guy.)
9. Sylvia Sawyer Aida Judgement Scene exc, She was the star of Capitol records, who caused singers I know to fall on the floor in hysterics, especially owing to her great Italian diction.)
10. Vassilka Petrova in Tosca excerpts (she PAID!) She had 6 husbands. I guess she vocalized enough to drive them away.
11. Mari Lyn (Marilyn Sussman) "Una voce" (Cadenzerized.). The DARLING of Youtube. I told Soviero how unusual she was, and before Diana watched the "Traviyenta," she said, "Maybe she will study with me." Diana came close to wetting my couch!
12.Sari Bunchuk Wontner in Traviata arias. (great orchestra at the end.)
13. Tryphosa (again?) singing "Darling Nelly Gray."
14. FLORENCE FOSTER JENKINS (age 73) "Valse Caressante" by McMoon (her hiusband.). Need I say more??????
PLEASE continue to listen to my podcasts, despite this one.