Sun, 25 May 2014
I sincerely hope you are enjoying thee compilations. If you have any comments,suggestions,etc. PLEASE let me know at Placido21@aol.com.
1. Marisa Galvany and Enrico di Giuseppe in Attila Duet. (What a D!!)
2. Mattia Battistini Tannhauser " Evening Star"
3. Enrico Caruso "Musica Proibita" (After all these years, I say NO ONE was greater!)
4. Franco Corelli Otello "Esultate!" (He never sang the role, sadly.)
5. David Daniels Rinaldo "Venti turbini." (Wedding coming soon!)
6. Giuseppe Di Stefano "Un furtiva lagrima"
7. Eileen Farrell "Pace" from Forza del Destino
ERROR: It is CLAUDIA Novikova.
8. Gottlob Frick Seraglio aria (GREATEST "black" voice.)
9. Marcello Giordani "L'anima stanca" from Adriana
(Last season he said to me, "I know Piotr is your favorite tenor..That is OK.I love him too!")
10.Apollo Granforte "Il Balen" from Trovatore (worthy of his NAME!)
11. Alexander Kipnis "O Isis und Osiris" (Zauberflote)
12.Margarete Klose "Delilah aria" (In Deutsch) (One of my favorite artists.)
13.Renato Bruson/Katia Ricciarelli Luisa Miller Duet
14. John Mc Cormack "Il mio tesoro" (the all-time greatest!)
15.Aprile Millo "Poveri fiori" (Adriana)
16.Claudia Muzio "O del mio amato ben." (Makes me CRAZY!)
17.Maria Nemeth "In questa reggia" (Turandot)
18.Gallina Novikova The most HILARIOUS"Drunk aria" from La Perichole.
19.Tancredi Pasero "Vi ravisso" (Sonnambula)
20.Aureliano Pertile "Di quella pira."
21. Herman Prey Tote Stadt aria (Unbelievably gorgeous!)
22.Maria Reining/Hans Hotter Arabella Duet
Sun, 25 May 2014
The love of the phrase, the feeling she had!!! Bless Beverly on her birthday!
Category:general -- posted at: 9:52am EDT
Sun, 25 May 2014
Born May 25, 1929..who dreamed what she would become????? Bless her!!!!
Category:general -- posted at: 9:49am EDT
Sat, 24 May 2014
1. Elizabeth Schwarzkopf sings Hugo Wolf (1962) Acc. Felix de Nobel
Morgentau, Das Voeglein, Mausfallen-Spruchlein, Wer rief dich denn,
Nun las uns Frieden schliesen, Die Zigeunerin
2. Theresa Berganza Spanish Songs (1962) Acc. Felix Lavilla:
Granados: La Maja Dolorosa (numero uno), El tra la la y el punteado,
La Maja Dolorosa,(numero tres), El Majo Discreto
Rodrigo: Copillas de Belen
Halffter: Ay, que linda hermosa
Sat, 24 May 2014
A variety of material from Holland Festivals that I think you will enjoy:
1.Giulietta Simionato Cenerentola Finale (1954)
2. Maria Callas "Ernani Involami" (1959)
3. Luciano Pavarotti Tebaldo's aria from "I Capuetti ed i Montecchi" (Bellini)(1966)
4.Alessandra Marc Empress Dream Scene from "Die Frau Ohne Schatten" (1990)
5. Gallina Vishnevskaya in Recital (1975) Acc. Tamas Vasary
Tchaikovsky: "Do not believe, my friend."and "At the ball."
Moussorgsky: "Where art thou,little star"
Stravinsky: Parasha's aria from the opera "Mavra"
6. Elly Ameling Sings Mozart (1969):
Das Lied der Trennung, Als Luise, Abendemfindung, An Chloe
Fri, 23 May 2014
How can ONE WORD (PAOLO!!!) or phrase summarize the greatness of an artist...Jan.21, 1939 (I was 3 that day)..the greatest Met broadcast ever in my mind....Lawrence Tibbett and Leonard Warren are so riveting..NO ONE does this today!!!!!!!!
DRIVES ME CRAZY EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!
Category:general -- posted at: 4:18pm EDT
Sun, 18 May 2014
More fun (I hope) for you:
1.Licia Albanese Pagliacci Aria
2.Zeani/Borso Piccolo Marat Duet (They made them do the finale again!)
3.Vassilka Petrova Trovatore Aria (send children and small animals out of the room)
4.Schwartzkopf/Jurinac/Della Casa (Sophie) Rosenkavalier trio (Della Casa did all three roles)
5. Mado Robin Lucia Mad Scene (with High K# above R)
6. Eleanor Ross "Pace"
7. Bidu Sayao Manon Adieu (You do not have to sound like Nilsson to be a sensation)
8. Renata Scotto Adriana Phedre Declamation in Act 3
9.Irmgard Seefried Ariadne Composer's Aria
10.Cesare Siepi Salvador Rosa Aria
11. Simionato/Di Stefano Favorita Duet
12.Pinza/Martinelli Simone duet (Jan.21,1939,my third birthday)
(I never forgave mom and dad for not taking me!)
13.Giuseppe Taddei Schicchi Aria
14.Diana Soviero Zaza aria (Leoncavallo)
15.Joan Sutherland Alcina Aria
16.Giuseppe Taccani Guglielmo Ratcliff aria (Mascagni)
17-18. Richard Tucker Chenier aria/ Juive Cabaletta
19. Taddei Fanciulla aria
20. Antonietta Stella Vespri Bolero
21.Franz Voelker Walkure act one scene (one of my 5 fav.tenors of the past)
22.Leonard Warren Faust aria
23.Ludwig Weber Boris Monolog. (one of my 5 fav.bassos of the past)
24.Ljuba Welitsch Gypsy Baron aria
25. Zinka Milanov's Last "Pace" from Newark,NJ Concert in 1966 (I CRY!)
Sat, 17 May 2014
Lohengrin Scenes in French with Ninon Vallin, Marcel Journet, Martial Singher and Marjorie Lawrence, Marjorie Lawrence and Yvonne Brothier (Ortrud), Cesare Vezzani and Mireille Berthon.
This is followed by scene from Act One Walkure With Cesare Vezzani, Germaine Lubin, and in the final section Lubin and Rene Verdiere.
Wed, 14 May 2014
From the period 1919-1928 in Germany, there was an enormous revival of Verdi operas, and here are some selections:
1.Forza del Destino with Meta Seinemer* and Ivar Andresen.
2.Vespri Siciliani with Heinrich Schlusnus and Helge Roswaenge.
3. Simone Boccanegra with Alexander Kipnis and Schlusnus
4. Don Carlo with Wilhelm Strienz and Seinemeyer*
5. Macbeth with Andresen.
* Sadly,Meta Seinemeyer, one of the great sopranos, passed away at age 33. She would have been even a greater artist, but her career was tragically cut short by Leukemia.
Tue, 13 May 2014
In my experience, Fedora Barbieri had one of the very greatest voices, like an "organ" as it poured from her. We met in her later years, and she was a fun lady. Here are scenes from:
Carmen,Falstaff (with Gobbi), Ballo, Samson et Delilah, Adriana Lecouvreur, Andrea Chenier, Gioconda, Trovatore (live 1951 with Warren and my beloved Kurt Baum),and songs "Nel cor piu non mi sento" and " Chi vuol la zingarella graziosa."