Mon, 12 May 2014
Three selections from the brilliant Mexican tenor, Javier Camarena. From his album "Recitales" he sings "Musica Proibita," Granada," and "Estrellita."
His Don Ramiro at the Met this season caused a sensation, and the audience demanded an encore, totally rare at the Met.
Sun, 11 May 2014
I hope you are enjoying these compilations as much (MORE!) as I do making them:
1. Giacomo (Jaime) Aragall Adriana aria, act one
2. Daniele Barioni rings the Turandot Gong.(What breath control!)
3. Callas/Barbieri Gioconda duet (They burn up the place!)
4. Gilda Dalla Rizza "Addio del passato"
5. Leyla Gencer "D'amor sull'ali rosee". (Note: A friend had a fight over this aria with someone whose house he visited. He got so mad that the host liked Callas better, he said, "Get out!" My friend said, "But I LIVE here!" The Gencer nutcase then said, "So what..GET OUT!!") Do you now see how normal Charlie is???
6. Mario del Monaco "Ah la paterna mano" (Macbeth)
7. Mirella Freni "Tu che di gel." (Turandot)
8. Nicolai Gedda/Renato Bruson/Christine Eda-Pierre Pearl Fishers Trio (They sometimes do another version, but this version is incredible!!!)
9.Gertrude Grob-Prandl "Hojotoho"
10.Kirsten/Merrill Thais Finale (One of the most glorious recordings ever made)
11.Rene Kollo Tannhauser Rome Narrative
12.Raina Kabaiwanska "La Mamma Morta" (Chenier)
13.Pavel Lisitsian Prologo (In Russian) A voice of pure gold!
14.Magda Olivero Mefistofele aria (breaks your heart.)
15.Aprile Millo "Danny Boy"
16.Michele Molese's legendary telling critic Harold Schoenberg, who had written about his "pinched high C" in Ballo, that the note was for him. Galvany almost flipped out!
17.Julius Patzak Seraglio aria